Matt and I are officially in Huntsville, Alabama. It was quite a journey from SC to AL, but we are glad to be here, and we are slowly but surely getting settled and learning our way around our new city.
We moved out of our house in Lexington on Monday. We had some wonderful people helping us pack up the moving truck. We were also able to close on our house that afternoon. We spent the night at my parents' house so we could leave bright and early Tuesday morning and head west. I will miss our beautiful house, our friendly neighborhood, and our great neighbors!
On Tuesday morning, we left and headed for Huntsville, Matt and I drove my car with Arden in the backseat, and my parents drove the huge Budget truck that was also towing Matt's car. It was a slow trip because the big truck is not supposed to go faster than 55 mph, and my dad had the extra challenge of getting the truck through the mountains and hills we passed. We were almost to the Georgia/Alabama border when two flashing police cars pulled in front of us. There was a huge wreck on the other side of the highway, and they were bringing in the medical helicopter.
We made it to Huntsville around 6:30 and eagerly found our apartment. Within a few minutes, numerous folks from All Saints Lutheran had shown up and were already unpacking our truck, even in the pouring rain! We were so thankful for their hospitality, especially because we were so tired from driving all day.
Arden did a fantastic job on the trip. She fell asleep as soon as the car started rolling and didn't whine or bark at all. Besides a couple of 15 minute trips around Lexington, this was the longest trip she had ever been on.
We have had fun finding our way around Huntsville. There are lots of things to do, and we are excited to get involved in the community. Here are some pictures of our apartment with boxes and some pics without boxes!
We miss all of our family and friends in SC, but we are excited about our year in Alabama!
I am so happy you guys got there safely!!!! I'm also so sorry you never got to come see Hannah again before you left. I know things were crazy for you right before you left. I'm thrilled to have your blog to check!
ReplyDeleteYes, it was a long trip, but at least we made it safely! I love your apartment, and I know you are going to enjoy the people at All Saints'. They were so helpful and inviting, and I know they will take care of you while you are there. Good luck with the new jobs, both of you. We will see you soon! I have enjoyed the blog--keep it coming!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom