We are really enjoying our new city! Huntsville is full of fun activities to do. Our goal this year is to be active in the Huntsville community and experience as much as we can! We have driven around the city (A LOT), and we haven't gotten lost too many times. :) Thank goodness for Karen (that's what Matt calls our GPS).
Last weekend, we spent our time finding (and shopping at) the three major malls in Huntsville. One mall is fairly close to our apartment and the other two are closer to the Madison area. However, the Parkway makes it very easy to get to all three malls relatively easily and quickly. We scoped out the different stores, but we really didn't buy too much. We also had some fun guests last weekend! Our friends Stacey and Lee were in town for a wedding, and the wedding was at a church that was literally one mile away from our place. So, Stacey and Lee came over for dessert on Friday night and we stayed up way too late talking, eating, and watching tv.
(P.S. Stacey was one of my campers at Lutheridge!!!)
Then, on Saturday night, Lee and Stacey met us in downtown Huntsville at the Von Braun Center, and we attended the Tennessee Valley Vipers indoor football game. Evidently, this was a play off game, so there was a big crowd. We had a lot of fun cheering on the team (who unfortunately didn't win).
This past week, Matt started his internship at All Saints Lutheran Church- so far, so good! I'm sure he'll have much more to write on the subject! I do think we ended up in the perfect place for his internship, though!
Also, this past week, I started my new job!! I am "officially" the computer science teacher at Randolph School in Huntsville. It's a prestigious independent (private) school, and I'm so glad I got the job! I will be working with Kindergarten through 4th grade. If you want to see more about where I will be teaching, you can go to their website here: www.randolphschool.net
I was also "reunited" with one of my friends from elementary, middle, and high school-Christy! She and her husband live in Huntsville, so I am looking forward to hanging out with them! She brought her adorable daughter over for a little bit, and we had a great time catching up! Here is Caitlyn playing on Arden's bed! :)
This weekend, Matt and I took it easy. We did get some "school shopping" done and took advantage of tax-free weekend. Friday night, we went to see "The King and I" at the Von Braun Playhouse with Pastor Keith and his wife Margie. It was a fantastic show, and I can't wait to see more shows during the year! We went on a date on Saturday night. We went to eat at Rosie's Cantina (Mexican Restaurant) and then went to the movies to see "The Proposal." It was a fun evening!
That's it for now! We're looking forward to more fun things that are coming our way!
-Erin :)
Hi Erin & Matt,
ReplyDeleteSounds like you've done a lot in your short time in Huntsville--good for you both, exploring the city and what it has to offer.
Congratulations on your new job Erin - Randolph School is lucky to have you and wish you both the best during your internship year.
Love the blog too! Hugs - Grandma & Grandpa
Yay! It was so good to see you in your new place.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the job!!!! I"m so glad you found something and it's such a good school :)
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like life in Huntsville won't be too bad, huh? :)
Erin thanks for the updates. Ditto to all the above comments. Keep us posted.
ReplyDeleteLove ya Mom