So, as many know (at least for those who read our last update) Erin and I got a new kitty this past weekend. However, we still don’t have a name for the little newcomer yet… As you can see to the right of this post is a little poll with some choices we’ve been batting around.
One choice isn’t allowed in the poll… that is the name that I thought was cute, but Erin doesn’t like at all… that name is Booka… Booka Titus…. (get it?)
Anyways, I’m going to post why we’ve selected these names, so you can have a better idea when you decide which one to vote for!
Martin – Erin and I are Lutheran which was essentially ‘begun’ (which is a terrible word to use for it, but the best way to describe it) by Martin Luther.
Luther – Same reasoning as Martin.
Samson – In the Old Testament, there is a Israelite judge and warrior named Samson who receives his ‘power’ from his long flowing lock of hair. This kitty doesn’t have long hair, but we noticed him because of his gorgeous fur coat!
Hobbes – Erin and I are big fans of the ol’ comic Calvin & Hobbes. It just so happens that here in Huntsville, we live off of Hobbs Road. We thought it was pretty neat, and we named Arden after the city Erin and I met in. Why not name the cat after a road we lived off of while on internship?
Ranger – I’m a huge baseball fan, and a devout follower of the Texas Rangers. If you are a friend of Erin (and wish to remain a friend of Erin’s) you will not vote for this name. I like it though :).
Jude – Erin and I are big Beatles fans, and one of our favorite songs is “Hey Jude.” Self explanatory right?
Luke – Another religious name, that also is a way for me to sneak in my love of Star Wars into the little guy. So, when Erin says ‘this is Luke.’ We can all go “aww…like the book in the Bible…” but secretly I’ll be thinking “this is Luke…Skywalker Cat…”
Other – No, this is not a name for the cat, but if you feel the need to add to our troubles, just choose this and leave a comment to this post!
Thanks everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment