Saturday, January 12, 2013

Thanksgiving 2012

(Yes, I know it’s January, but I need to catch up on the blog! I’m going to blame pregnancy!)

On Thanksgiving morning, Matt and I helped with a large community Thanksgiving meal. I prepared food to serve, and Matt went later in the day and actually served the food. The dinner was held at the local Methodist church.

Even though it was just the three of us, we had a lovely Thanksgiving complete with a huge Thanksgiving meal. Just because we weren’t at a large gathering didn’t mean we couldn’t have lots of food!

While the food was cooking, Ashleigh made an Indian headdress. She loved wearing it, although she called it “my crown.”

I (successfully) cooked my very first turkey! It went very smoothly (with the help of my mom over the phone)!

We had several side dishes, including creamed corn, green beans, sweet potato casserole, dressing, and giblet gravy. We had so much food, but it was SOOOO good!

We also had two desserts: cherry pie and pumpkin pie. We ate like royalty for a full week!

We are thankful for so many things!

And we are especially thankful for the new life that will be added to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment