Wednesday, August 1, 2012

22 months

When people ask Ashleigh’s age, I’ve started saying, “She’s almost 2.” I figured I needed about 2 months to get used to the idea of my child turning 2 in September. Where has the time gone?! Ashleigh is so fun at this age, and we just are astounded by how much knowledge she absorbs every day. She’s so stinkin’ smart!

She is saying so many new words. She’s able to name many objects that she sees, without any prompting! Here is a list of most of her current words (newest words this month are in blue)…

watermelon “wah-yer-mewon”

yogurt “go-gur”

grapes “gwapes”

She has also started using more phrases, like “I got it” or “Night night daddy”.

Oh my (while putting her hand to her chest)

Oh dear “Oh dee-yuh”

Thank you “Tank eww”

Where is it? “Weh is eet?” (and she puts her arms out like she’s saying I don’t know!”

I don’t know! “I not know"”

When she sees something she recognizes, she always starts off her sentence with the same sounds, but we’re not sure what she is saying! (ex. “alalala dog!”) It’s almost like she’s saying , “Oh look, a dog!”

She is also copying everything we say! Gotta be even more careful now, huh?! Smile

(She knows way more words than this, but it is so hard to remember all her words and phrases! I need to carry a pen and paper around with me so I can jot down everything she says these days!)

Uh oh (although we are trying to teach her that she can’t say this when she does something on purpose!)

stairs “shtay”

snack “nack”

rice “wice”

trash “tash”

water “wah-er”

milk “melk'” or “me-ulk” (She’s southern, alright!")

cracker “cack-her”

I love you “iloweww” (all combined into one syllable)

night-night

bye bye

hi/hello “hey-yo”

hug

mess “miss”

yuck “yeah-uk”

No way (especially funny when she’s mad!)

purple “pup-ul”

Mine! (and she puts her hand to her chest when she says this!)

Cheerios “cherry-oh”

walk “wahk”

outside “ow-sigh”

Not nice “nah-nice”

oh dear “oh day”

color “cuh-yuh”

clouds “coush”

help “hep”

stuck “shtuck”

no

yes “yesh”

whoa

uh-oh

blanket “bank”

baby “beh bee”

Minnie “Min”

Arden “Arrrn”

Hobbes “Obb”

boo-boo (she has a small scrape on her knee and is obsessed with her b00-boo)

tractor “tratah”

train “treen”

plane “pean”

please “pees”

book

help “hep”

thanks “tank”

 

She is so active and into everything! She still loves playing outside and with her toys.

DSC_6314DSC_6316DSC_6317DSC_6318DSC_6319DSC_6322DSC_6323DSC_6324DSC_6325DSC_6327DSC_6332DSC_6334DSC_6335DSC_6338DSC_6339DSC_6340DSC_6343DSC_6347DSC_6354DSC_6357

She absolutely loves to count up to 10 (especially the numbers 8,9,10… those are her favorites!) She will walk around the house repeating 8, 9, 10!

She loves repeating the alphabet, but she does like to skip the letters M, N, and O. She likes to go straight from L to P! She also thinks that NOW is the last letter in the alphabet…after she says Z she always says NOW (for Now I know my ABCs…).

She has started to enjoy doing puzzles. She will study the pieces and try hard to fit them into the right spots.

She enjoys taking care of her baby dolls. She likes to put diapers on them, put them to bed, and cover them with blankets. She also likes giving them hugs and kisses.

Our child is also a daredevil! She’s not afraid of anything! (Maybe she’s just practicing her balance so she can be an Olympic gymnast!)

 

20120706_162641

She enjoys “helping” us around the house…

She loves giving hugs and kisses to her mom and dad and to the cat and the dog.

She has also started having temper tantrums when she doesn’t get her way. Oh boy…

We are having so much fun watching her imagination just take off. She is so cute to watch when she is playing with her toys!

She loves anything with wheels. She thinks it’s fun to drive cars or trucks around the house.

This sweet girl lights up our lives, that’s for sure! Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment