Friday, August 31, 2012

23 months old!

My little 23 month old girl. Too big for her britches. She thinks she is such a big girl, but I’m not ready for her to be THAT big!

Ashleigh seems to grow daily- physically and mentally! We will see her lying on the floor (on her belly with her hands propping up her head) and we’ll think she looks like she’s grown a foot overnight (or at least her LEGS have grown that much! Sheesh, she has some long legs!) Or she will say something that we will *think* is jibberish until we realize that she just said an entire sentence! Crazy!

For the past few months, I know I have been listing the words she is saying, but there is just no way I could list them all here now. Her vocabulary seems to triple every night! She is saying whole phrases and sentences now.  Here are some of our favorites…

Oh no!  (said with sincere concern!)

What happened? (Usually follows her “oh no” exclamation)

Where’d it go?  (“Where go?”)

I don’t know  (“I doe no”)

Where is Ashleigh? (“Where Ash-ee?”)

What’s that? (“Whah tat?”)

Mess. Big mess. 

Tractor. BIG tractor!

Plane. Big plane!

(Do you see a pattern here?)

I no like it.  (She said this for the first time when I made a new Mexican dish. It was a bit spicy, and she made a face and said she didn’t like it. My feelings weren’t hurt too much!)

DSC_6385DSC_6392DSC_6425DSC_6427

At 23 months, Ashleigh…

-wears 18 month clothing, although she is starting to fit into some 24 month clothing that is on the smaller side

-wears size 4 diapers.

-loves to sit on HER potty (she hasn’t done anything in it yet, but she does love to sit on it!)

-talks quite a bit

-laughs a lot

-is using her imagination when she plays (SO CUTE!!)

-knows how to count from 1-10!!!! (one, two, free, fuh, fife, seex, sefen, eat, nine, teh)

-knows a lot of her alphabet letters! She loves playing with the alphabet puzzle from great grandma and great grandpa, and she loves alphabet books. She has also started pointing out some of the letters she knows on signs or in books.

-is eating more foods. She isn’t being as picky with her fruits and vegetables! She has started to enjoy grapes, blueberries, pineapple, and tomatoes! Yay! Finally- a variety!

- is working hard on sharing (it’s definitely not one of her strengths!)

-loves to get dirty… dirt is her favorite toy! She loves playing outside. Thank goodness we have had such nice weather this summer!

DSC_6452

WP_000176WP_000180WP_000184WP_000195WP_000197WP_000209

20120817_165423

-enjoys watching Netflix on our phones (who could have taught her how to do that?!)

WP_000208 WP_000188

-loves, loves, LOVES going to the playground. Did I mention she loves playgrounds? If you don’t believe me, just watch this video…

One month month, sweet baby, until you are 2 years old! I can’t believe it!

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are so sweet! She looks so big, even compared to when we saw her in July! We can't wait to see her and hear all her poetic musings :)

    ReplyDelete