Christmas Eve began with a visit from my two “girls” that I used to babysit. They came to see Ashleigh since they were both in town for the holidays.
Ashleigh loved meeting Lindsay and Shannon!
After visiting Santa (see previous post), we headed over to Matt’s dad and stepmom’s house to celebrate. We had fun eating turkey lasagna and opening presents!
We then went to church at Good Shepherd Lutheran. I was thoroughly enjoying the service until Ashleigh - (how should I put this politely?)- filled her britches! It was so loud that the people sitting in the pew in front of us turned around and smiled. I sat there holding her and was waiting until the second lesson was finished so I could leave the church when everyone else stood up for the gospel reading… that is, until I happened to look down and see (ahem) poop all on the front of my (new) sweater. Yikes. I let out a little shriek and got up and ran out of there as fast as I could, fortunately grabbing the diaper bag on the way out. I made it downstairs to an empty classroom where I inspected the damage. Ashleigh’s dress? Poop everywhere. Momma’s sweater? Poop on the bottom. I was prepared and had actually packed another Christmas dress for Ashleigh, but guess where it was? In. the. car. So, into the pajamas Ashleigh went. After she was clean, I needed to clean myself up. Fortunately, Katherine, the pastor’s wife, had come downstairs with her fussy little guy, so she watched Ashleigh while I scrubbed at my sweater. We made it back into the sanctuary just in time for communion and the candle lighting. Oh boy. After service, Matt and I went to the Parks’ house for their annual Christmas Eve party where we enjoyed yummy food and getting (another) chance to show off our sweet girl, who at this point had been changed into her other dress that I had left in the car. Way to make your first Christmas Eve special, Ashleigh!
When we got home that evening, we opened our presents to each other.
Hobbes was very curious to see what presents were under the tree! Matt gave me a HD video camera, so we took videos of ourselves opening presents rather than still photos.
On Christmas Day, we went over to my parents’ house where we ate a yummy brunch and enjoyed spending time with my uncle and grandfather.
What a wonderful Christmas!
(And I know this blog is out of order, but you know what happened the next day?! It snowed!) If you missed it, click on the link to see our snow video.
-Erin
What wonderful, wonderful Christmas memories (even the poop!) & Christmas photos!! I really wish you were a scrapbooker, Erin! You would be AMAZING at it!!! Thanks for sharing your very special memories with us! xoxoxoxo
ReplyDelete