Two days after Christmas, we headed down to Jacksonville, FL, to spend time with Matt’s mom and stepdad. This was Ashleigh’s first major road trip, so I was a bit anxious to see how she would do. We left after lunch because that’s her prime napping time. She did great! Our 5 hour trip turned into about 9 hours on the road because of terrible traffic. NOT FUN! Oh, how we hate I-95 in SC. Our vacation was nice and relaxing, and Ashleigh was loved on quite a bit by her doting grandparents (and their cats)!!
(Hobbes was not happy that we were leaving. Here is his attempt at making us stay!)
Grandma Sue getting some cuddle time.
Yoda the cat came to snuggle with me.
Ashleigh loved playing in her new exersaucer. And when she got tired of playing, she enjoyed chewing on the towel that we used to prop her up!
During the week, we took a trip to St. Augustine. Ashleigh was a trooper! She was quite content in the Moby Wrap and took a good 2 hour nap while we walked around!
Ashleigh got to take a “sink bath” and really enjoyed it!
We also took a walk to a nearby park where Daddy and Ashleigh had a lot of fun on the playground. ( I won’t tell you who had more fun!)
We celebrated New Years by popping a bottle of champagne and toasting to the new year. 2010 was pretty amazing for us- I can’t even imagine how wonderful 2011 will be!
Happy New Year!!
Thanks for the updates Erin! I love reading about how you guys are doing. Ashleigh is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteComments: *I wish I had had a moby wrap, looks awesome!*Sink baths are the best. *I-95 definitely sucks (we were on it on Jan 2nd for longer than expected). *The cat in the suitcase is too cute!
Grandma Sue and Grandpa Bill enjoyed our time with you and Ashleigh so very much. Cannot wait to see you all again at the end of this month...........
ReplyDelete