Day 2 started off with breakfast at Randy’s Donuts! I had a Devil’s Food donut and a jelly filled donut. (What? I’m eating for two, remember!!) They were delicious, but I still think Krispy Kreme is the best.
(Thanks Kris for the donuts!!)
We headed off to see some of Kris’s churches in the New City Parish. We stopped at one church where a youth group was handing out food. Then, we went to Kris’s main church to visit with the pastor. We had great conversation (and great donuts!)
For lunch, Kris and Ginger drove us to a neat Mexican restaurant near Santa Monica beach. We walked around on the beach for a while (the water was so cold!) but it was beautiful!
(I was a bit apprehensive about that cold water rushing towards my feet!)
That evening, we went to an Angels vs. Rangers baseball game. It was a beautiful evening to watch a game! We had great seats, and fortunately we weren’t the only Rangers fans that showed up!
(Matt’s favorite player Michael Young)
(Sadly, this Texas Rangers shirt was one of my first pieces of maternity clothing!)
The Texas Rangers lost the game, but it was still a fun evening! We stopped at the Crystal Cathedral on our way back to LA, and once we got home it was time for bed!
-Erin :)
Awesome photos!! Email them to me please :) What great memories of our year in LA!
ReplyDelete