Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Baby Kicks!

I have been feeling Baby Titus "kicking" for about a week now, and it's so exciting! Each kick has felt like a flutter or a tiny prod on the inside of my stomach. I have been wanting Matt to be able to feel it, too, so every once in a while when Baby would really start kicking, he would put his hand on my stomach to see if he could feel anything. No such luck, until.......
Yesterday, Matt and I were lying in bed, and I felt Baby kick me 3 times in the exact same spot, so I grabbed Matt's hand and placed it on my belly. About 3 seconds later, Baby kicked extremely hard and Matt's hand flew off my stomach as if he had been burned! It really surprised him that Baby had kicked so hard. We laughed and laughed for several minutes because it really shocked us both! S/he sure is an active little thing!
I am 18 weeks along this week- only 2 more weeks until we find out if Baby is a  boy or a girl! According to Babycenter.com, Baby is about 5 1/2 inches long and is about as big as a bell pepper.

I am getting to the point where none of my pants will button or zip all the way up, so I finally ordered some maternity clothes. They arrived yesterday and I had a grand time trying on all my new items. My favorite new item might be the maternity swimsuit I bought! Since I'll be a "lady of leisure" this summer (okay, well besides all the packing we'll have to do!), I figured I would probably spend quite a bit of time at the pool. Just like ordering any other type of clothing, it's hard to know what will fit and what won't until it arrives at your house. So of course half the things I ordered are being shipped right back to the store because they just don't fit. But I'm happy with the items that did fit just fine! (or will fit when I'm just a bit larger)

Speaking of babies, I have a couple of prayer requests for my friends...

1. My friend Katie had her baby boy last weekend, and he is in need of many prayers. He has already gone through several surgeries and procedures, and I can't imagine how difficult this must be for the new mom and dad. Please pray for healing for their baby and for strength for Katie and her husband.

2. Another friend of mine, Nichole, delivered her triplets (3 BABIES! WOW!!) last weekend as well. They are all doing so well. Praise God for healthy babies, and pray that they continue to grow so they can go home soon!

That's all for now! (Sorry for not adding pictures- we have been pretty lazy about taking pictures lately!)

3 comments:

  1. Your friends are in prayer, Erin.

    We're looking forward to the news that's coming in two weeks!
    ~Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey, you look so cute! I love the little belly. Give Baby a hug for me and call as soon as you know who we are to meet! :) Wish you were closer so we could share this more. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You felt it Matt? That's so cool!! I hope the kicking doesn't keep you up, E. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete