Whew, this Christmas season was so crazy and fun! There were so many parties, drop-ins, get-togethers….. we were worn out! But, we are so thankful for the people in our lives who we were able to celebrate with during the Christmas season!
Christmas Eve was quite busy for both of us. Of course, Matt assisted during both services and preached a wonderful sermon at the late service, but I was busy during both services, too. During the first service, I led the Children’s Choir through 2 songs (the choir director had gone to Canada for Christmas, so I was “appointed” as interim choir director), and I took pictures of baby Jack’s baptism for his parents. Between services, we were invited to a church member’s house for some soup and light snacks. During the last season, I sang in the adult choir and also performed in a quartet ( I sang alto for the first time- it was tough!).
After church, Matt and I headed home to open the presents under our tree.
Of course, we had some “help” from Arden and Hobbes. :)
We woke up early on Christmas morning, packed our car, and started our drive to SC. Since there was not much traffic, we were able to make the drive in 6 1/2 hours! We arrived in Lexington just in time to eat a delicious meal and open presents!
Much to the chagrin of my parents, Matt received quite a bit of Cowboys paraphernalia.
I’m modeling my cute pj’s.
We got Dad a Wii!!
We then headed across town to Matt’s dad and stepmom’s house to visit and eat some more yummy food.
On Saturday, all the “kids” (Matt, his brother Jason, Jason’s girlfriend Tatiana, Matt’s sister Stephanie, and myself) drove down to Augusta, GA to visit with Matt’s mom and stepdad Bill. They live in Floriday, but they were in town visiting Bill’s dad. Of course, we forgot our camera so we don’t have any fun snapshots of this celebration, but it was so nice to hang out and visit with more family.
(This picture is not from this Christmas, but I wanted to include a picture of Matt’s mom and stepdad.)
We were able to stay in SC until New Years Eve, and then we headed back to “sweet home Alabama.”
-Erin :)
Wow - it's sounds like you two had a lot of traveling! I'm happy to hear you had a great time throughout the Holy Days.
ReplyDelete~Kris
Fun Christmas photos! It was so good to see you and Matt! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteI'm sad we weren't able to get together!!! I thought about you a few times during the week, but figured you were super busy...next time you come back, we MUST get together.
ReplyDeletehey thanks guys.....man you picked my fattest pic you could fine...lol...oh well.....I know I forgot to take photos to at Papa's......I was so excited to have ALL the kids under one roof.......we havent dont that since Jeanettes funeral in 2005. this was a much happier occasion......I will have my memories until I go senile....then I wont know who you guys are in the memory...oh welllshould be entertaining... love you MOM
ReplyDelete