I completely planned a fun night for us to celebrate Matt’s birthday. Since his birthday fell on a Sunday (which is “busy day” for a pastor/intern), we celebrated on Friday night. We started out with a wonderful dinner at Outback (thanks to some wonderful parishioners who gave us a gift card). We went all out, ordering an appetizer (a bloomin’ onion, of course) and two rather large meals. Needless to say, we took home quite a bit of leftovers! Our fabulous waitress gave us a “gift” on our ticket- she told us our bloomin’ onion was “on the house” that night! Hooray for a free appetizer! At dinner, I gave Matt a card with a note that said our next stop would be Best Buy, where he could buy anything he wanted (max. amount was $59.99- I know how crazy he can get in that store!). He bought a video game, and then our last stop of the evening was Bridge Street, which is a large outdoor shopping area. We went to the movies to see Sherlock Holmes, which ended up being a pretty good movie! We would have liked it more if the teenagers sitting in front of us wouldn’t have texted, talked, and played musical chairs throughout the entire movie! It was a fun evening, and I’m glad we got to spend it together. :)
EDIT: I had to add this last "gift" announcement in a little later... On his actual birthday, I handed him another birthday card. When he opened it, the message inside read, "I'm Pregnant!" I had taken a pregnancy test while he was still at church, and it was positive, so I decided that news would be the perfect addition to an already awesome weekend. :)
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment