Saturday, October 10, 2009

Erin’s trip to South Carolina!

Alabama schools offer this wonderful thing called “Fall Break”- a week long break for teachers and students. I really think SC needs to look into this… Anyway, I decided to fly home for half of my break. On Saturday afternoon, I arrived at the Charlotte airport and my brother picked me up. I convinced him to stop by Concord Mills so I could do some much-needed outlet shopping. I also got to see the house where he is living with 8 other guys (to my WU friends, he’s living in the old SAE frat house on Charlotte Ave)- weird! We arrived in Lexington just in time for a steak dinner at my parents’ new house! They just moved in the week before, and I was so excited to see the final results. We ate out on the back porch which overlooks a beautiful pond. It was perfect!
DSC03181 [Desktop Resolution]
DSC03182 [Desktop Resolution]
DSC03183 [Desktop Resolution]
DSC03188 [Desktop Resolution]
DSC03191 [Desktop Resolution]
DSC03194 [Desktop Resolution]

On Sunday, we went to church. After lunch, we spent most of the day hauling boxes in from the garage and unpacking them. We also went to visit Grandma at the hospital. This was the first time I had seen her since she had been diagnosed with leukemia. She was doing well and we enjoyed a nice long visit. The next day, we got the best news- Grandma was able to go home! We spend the rest of the day cleaning her house, bringing her home, and just visiting.
DSC03200 [Desktop Resolution]
DSC03203 [Desktop Resolution]
On Tuesday, I was able to “make my rounds” and see some people I hadn’t seen since we moved. I started out by driving back to my old neighborhood and visiting with Jessica and her two girls, Claire and Lila. We enjoyed playing and we ate lunch together at Moe’s. 
DSC03213 [Desktop Resolution]
After lunch, I drove to Forts Pond Elementary to see some of my teacher buddies. It was great to hang out and catch up on all the school “gossip.”
DSC03214 [Desktop Resolution]
Finally, I headed to my best friend, Becca’s house .We visited and she cooked some yummy spaghetti. MariKate and I played beauty shop and had a great time. I miss them so much already!!
DSC03218 [Desktop Resolution]
Of course, while I was at home, I had to eat at Rush’s and Groucho’s. Boy do I miss those eating places!!
DSC03198 [Desktop Resolution]
DSC03199 [Desktop Resolution]
I flew back to Huntsville on Wednesday. I have to say- this was the easiest experience I have ever had flying on planes. Every single flight was on time and there were no problems at all. I was very lucky!
-Erin :)

1 comment:

  1. Erin their new home is so beautiful. I know they waited a long time for completion.

    ReplyDelete