We drove about 10 minutes southwest of our house to a local blueberry patch to pick some blueberries. The first time, Ashleigh and I went by ourselves. We picked a little over a pound of blueberries. Ashleigh really enjoyed picking! After she was bored of picking, she just played in the dirt and walked around our row until it was time to go.
Of course, she fell asleep on the way there!
Picking then playing in the dirt
Say “blueberries!”
A week later, Matt and Miriam joined us for another afternoon of picking blueberries. We had been running errands earlier in the day, so we just wanted to stop for about an hour to get some more blueberries to put in our deep freezer.
The patch wasn’t busy so we had a whole row to ourselves. Ashleigh was playing in the dirt (her new “thing” is to pile up dirt into hills to make homes for the “little critters.”) So, about 15 feet from where Matt and I were picking blueberries, Ashleigh was piling up some dirt and announced that she was making a home for her poop. Say what? We both looked at her and told her that she had just gone to the bathroom at Target and that she should be okay. We didn’t really believe that she needed to go to the bathroom. We returned to our blueberries bushes and a few minutes later, we heard her exclaim, “I did it!” We looked over at our older daughter, who was now naked from the waist down. Matt and I both said, at the same time, “Did you just poop??” and she said, “Yep! Sure did!” She had pooped into the “home” that she had built for her poop. Matt was just staring at her, I was completely mortified, and the family picking blueberries on the next row over were laughing hysterically. Oh my. I scooped up as much poop as I could using some very large leaves and moved it to the side. Natural fertilizer, right??
We also went to Burchfield Park so Matt could play disc golf. Usually he does the course by himself and I stay with the girls at the playground. However, this time we decided to at least walk the first part of the course with him. We ended up playing the whole course together! Ashleigh loved helping us find our discs and finding the “secret passageways” to the next hole. Miriam was just along for the ride (as long as we kept handing her water and snacks!)
We are loving this weather!!! So many beautiful days to get outside and enjoy nature!
Hysterical.......time to go camping.....she obviously has a keen sense on how to make cat holes..... Bear Grylls would be so proud of her......still cannot stop laughing....I had to share the story...priceless!
ReplyDelete