See what pregnancy does to me? Updating the blog has been the last thing on my mind, but I need to do it so I remember all these wonderful events! So here we go…
Ashleigh’s Nana and Papa Corley came up to visit for her 2nd birthday! They made the long drive up, and then Uncle Brian flew up after he was done working at the Carolina game. We had a lovely time hosting them! I’m glad Mom was there to help out in the kitchen because I was quite tired the whole time they were here… little did we know that the reason behind the exhaustion was Baby Titus #2!!
We mostly stayed around the house, but we did take a day trip to Frankenmuth, MI. It is a Bavarian village about an hour and a half away. The world famous Bronner’s Christmas store is located there, along with several other touristy places.
We started off the day by spending some time at Bronners. If I didn’t have a child to chase around, I would have loved spending hours browsing all the different sections! You know it’s a big store when they offer you folded maps when you enter!
Ashleigh’s favorite thing in the store was the large stuffed polar bear. Matt and Brian and I found an artificial Christmas tree that cost $2500!! Good grief!

Then we ate lunch at Zehnders, and had some delicious fried chicken and side dishes!

This place is huge! We hit it at the right time by arriving at 11:30 for lunch. There were only a few people ahead of us in line. When we left after eating, the line was out the door! And I know it must be even crazier at dinnertime. And this was on a weekday!

After lunch, we visited the Frankenmuth Brewery for a quick walking tour.
Then we went to a petting farm called Grandpa Tiny’s farm. It was a bit hokey, but Ashleigh loved seeing all the animals and getting to pet them!
On Ashleigh’s birthday, Nana made her some blueberry pancakes!
Ashleigh got to open her birthday presents. Matt and I gave her a dollhouse!!
Of course, when it was time to sing “Happy Birthday”, the tears started flowing! (I have no idea why!)
She cried at her first birthday party, too! See?

We had a wonderful time just lounging around and spending time together.
No comments:
Post a Comment