Saturday, October 16, 2010

A month… already??

How is it possible that Ashleigh Rose has been with us for almost a whole month?? What a joy she has been…

I figured I would post my labor story for all those who are interested to know how Ashleigh came into this world.

 

My water broke at 1am on Sat, Sept. 18. After calling my doctor, we were told to head on over to the hospital. We got all checked in and settled in the labor and delivery room. No labor signs were present, so Matt slept and I read and played on the internet. The doctor started giving me Pitocin around 10am. From 10am-5pm, I had painful contractions that were 1-2 minutes apart.  I got my epidural around 5:30 (Thank the Lord for modern medicine) and was instantly more comfortable. I began pushing around 7:40pm, and Ashleigh Rose was born at 7:58pm!

We were instantly in love!

She has been a wonderful baby! We love every face that she makes and every sound she makes, even her cries! (Okay, the screaming at night does make it a little rough, but she’s worth it!)

IMG_0070

Our first family picture!

DSC_5827

DSC_5815

She’s a daddy’s girl already!

IMG_2326

Heading home

IMG_2337

Arden meeting Ashleigh for the first time

DSC_5880

Playing with daddy

DSC_5908

Not loving her first bath

DSC_5915

My favorite picture- soaking up some vitamin D

DSC_5939

DSC_5951

She loves her swing.

DSC_5973

DSC_5986

snuggle time with daddy

DSC_6006

DSC_6008

First time going to church (2 weeks old)

DSC_6034

DSC_6097

cuddle time with mommy

DSC04137

DSC_6112

so kissable!

DSC_6118

Ready for the cookout (wait, Hobbes wants to come, too!)

DSC_6123

Bath time is becoming a bit more tolerable.

-Erin Smile

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! Amonth already!! I love the face on this last picture in the tub....so tolerant but if looks could kill....well eventually maybe it will turn to a smile.....All the photos are perfect....thanks for the story and I am sure she adored the State Fair. Her Aunt Stephanie will be soooooo JEALOUS!!!! But then she IS in Hawaii so who really cares....just kidding Steph...

    ReplyDelete