When Stephanie and I lived together after graduation, we both began talking about getting kittens to keep us company. Steph happened to find her kitty, Kate, on the side of the road, and she brought her home. A couple months later, my cousin’s cat had kittens, so I adopted one of those kittens and named him Siler. Our sweet cats grew up together, and they kept us entertained every day.
This was Siler’s favorite place to sleep in our apartment. Weird.
Siler was deaf and Kate quickly figured that out. Siler always slept in the middle of rooms- I guess that way he could feel if anyone came into or left the room. Kate would wait for Siler to fall asleep, and would quietly walk behind him. After a few seconds, Kate would pounce on Siler’s tail and Siler would jump about 3 feet in the air. Steph and I would laugh so hard! These two often cuddled together and were definitely best of friends.
This past May, Matt and I had to make the difficult decision to put Siler to sleep. He had been sick for several years with severe kidney disease and he was then attacked by dogs one night. A few days ago, Stephanie let me know that Kate had just passed away due to either heart failure or an asthma attack. As much as I miss both of these sweet animals, I can just picture them playing cat games in Kitty Heaven! :)
(This was the best part of having a deaf cat- you could take the funniest pictures of his sleeping positions!)
I am having trouble finding pictures of Kate and Siler together, but I’ll at least post this picture of Kate “dressed up” in her scarf!
Rest in Peace, sweet kitties!! Thinking about you, Steph!!
-Erin :)
No comments:
Post a Comment