Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ashleigh is TWO!

We are now the proud parents of a TWO-year old! Where has the time gone? Weren’t we just finding out that I was pregnant? Wasn’t I just in labor? Seriously…two years have passed since the first moment we laid eyes on our precious child? Wow.

The weekend before her birthday, we hosted a birthday party for Ashleigh. We used a Sesame Street theme. (I was originally going to do a Minnie Mouse theme, but when I started writing the guest list, I realized most of her friends are boys, so I switched gears.)

IMG_4179

IMG_4185IMG_4186IMG_4187IMG_4188

The weather was perfect for an outside party, although it was a tad bit windy. The balloons became quite the nuisance!

IMG_4183IMG_4196

Ashleigh’s party guests began to arrive!

IMG_4190IMG_4192IMG_4205IMG_4206

IMG_4193

Then the real fun began! I had a couple of centers out (bubbles, sidewalk chalk, toss the “cookie” into Cookie Monster’s mouth), and we had some yard toys out. The kids just took off and played together or did their own thing.  It was so much fun watching the kids interact and play together.

IMG_4201IMG_4202IMG_4203IMG_4204IMG_4207IMG_4208IMG_4211IMG_4212IMG_4218IMG_4227IMG_4233IMG_4236IMG_4242IMG_4244IMG_4245IMG_4247IMG_4256IMG_4257IMG_4263

IMG_4313IMG_4322

IMG_4326

Then it was time for presents!!

IMG_4268IMG_4271IMG_4272IMG_4273IMG_4274IMG_4279IMG_4281IMG_4282

IMG_4286

IMG_4290IMG_4295

And finally…it was time for cake!!

IMG_4299IMG_4300IMG_4302IMG_4303IMG_4306IMG_4309

I think it is safe to say that the kids were worn out!

IMG_4316IMG_4319

Thanks to everyone who came and helped make this such a special day for Ashleigh (and us)!! Smile

1 comment:

  1. I Love this.....Happy Birthday to the best little Granddaughter EVER!!
    Love Grandma and Grandpa in Florida

    ReplyDelete