So, as many of y’all know (no worries, we’re keeping 'y’all’ and all its wonderful variations, like y’all’s) back in February and March I was assigned to the North/West Lower Michigan Synod of the ELCA. In July I was called to be the pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI. Mason itself is just south of Lansing and north of Jackson, MI. For the football fans out there, we are about 8-10 minutes from Michigan State University. It is a really cool area and we are both excited (and scared and a bit sad, we have our days) about being up here!
So far the weather here is wonderful. The temperature did hit 90ish the other day, but it felt wonderful because there was really no sticky humidity to accompany it. The locals were dying in the ‘heat.’ Erin, Ashleigh, the in-laws, and I were reveling in it because it felt so good!
Anyways…We have pretty much, almost moved into our new home. We living (literally) in the middle of a corn field in an almost 100 year-old farm house. It is kind of awesome.
Here are pictures of what it looked like when my dad and I arrived here late Sunday night (though the pictures are from Monday morning before the truck and the numerous members of All Saints showed up to unload us… ) Of course, I didn’t get pictures of upstairs before everyone came. I’ll give you the gist though, the rooms were pretty empty…
So, yeah…the rooms were pretty empty… however…here is what they look like now!
First, the kitchen….
The dining room is still pretty empty, but there is a book case and stuff on the walls now…
The living room is pretty full…
Our office/high school/college memorabilia room is coming along…
Our room is still a work in progress…
Ashleigh’s room was actually the first room my dad and I unpacked fully…
The guest room is pretty much finished as well, apart from some wall hangings…
We also have a basement too…
There is a one car garage… Erin and I are still fighting about who will actually get to park there… I think I’m going to lose….
The garage also comes with its own bathroom….
So, there is our new home! It is a nice ol’ place and I think we’re going to enjoy it.
But, before we go (I do have limited internet through my tethered cell phone connection) here are some pictures around our house…
Yay new home!!!
-Matthew
LOVIN IT!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteMOM
It's looking so cute all set up and decorated! Where's our room?? You are the cutest little homesteaders ever! Hope your first sunday went great.
ReplyDelete