Sorry it’s been so long. I guess the last post was our “big announcement.” Well, I guess the lack of posts shows how icky I have felt. I haven’t had too much energy lately, so Matt and I really haven’t gone out and done too much lately. My days right now consist of working, napping, trying to eat, feeling nauseated, throwing up, and sleeping. Sounds like fun, huh? This “morning sickness” (which does NOT just occur in the mornings) has really hit me hard, and I’m praying that it goes away in the next few weeks. I know Matt will be happy when it’s over, too! He’s been so wonderful by really helping me out around the house- cleaning, cooking, taking the dog out to go to the bathroom. Pregnancy sure does teach you a lot about your relationship with your significant other!
Anyway, here is my pregnancy update. I am 10 weeks pregnant, and I am tentatively due on Oct. 2. I had my first doctor’s appointment on Feb. 12 (the day we broke the news to everyone), and we were able to see the baby on the ultrasound (as you can see at the top of the blog). You couldn’t really tell where the head or bottom was, but we were definitely able to see the heart beating (140 bpm). We even heard the heartbeat too, which was absolutely amazing. I think my exact words were “NO WAY!”.
Here are some pictures for your enjoyment.
Matt’s birthday (the day we found out about baby!)
*In case you haven’t heard this story, Matt’s birthday was on a Sunday, so I came home after church to get lunch ready while he finished up some work at church, and I had a feeling that I should take a pregnancy test. And I did! I didn’t have to wait long to find out the answer- the word “pregnant” popped up within 20 seconds! So, on the inside of Matt’s birthday card, I wrote a message, and at the bottom, I signed my name and then wrote “P,S. I’m pregnant!”. Well, when Matt opened the card, he put his thumb over the bottom corner, so as he was closing the card, he saw the extra words and did a double take. He said, “You are??” and we hugged and cried (happy tears, of course)! :)
Matt and I do not celebrate Valentine’s Day, but since we had our first prenatal appointment so close to V Day, he bought me a beautiful bouquet of a dozen red roses to celebrate the baby!
I know this has nothing to do with the pregnancy, but just look at how cute these two animals are! They enjoy snuggling together and playing together. I think Arden is the “tolerating” friend in this relationship. You can tell Hobbes annoys her sometimes, but she deals with him so well. :)
The “miniscule” but still noticeable baby bump (around 9 weeks).
Here are some wonderful baby gifts we have already received…
Tons of books!
*Neat story- The top book (Amelia Bedelia and the Cat) was written by Herman Parish. His aunt, Peggy Parish, was the original creator of the Amelia Bedelia series, and he took over writing these books when his aunt passed away. Well, Herman Parish came to our school a couple weeks ago to give a great presentation and to sign books. I was able to chat with him for quite a while between presentations, and I mentioned to him that Peggy Parish had visited the elementary school where my mom taught back in the early 1980’s, and Peggy had signed the original Amelia Bedelia book for me. Then I told him that he was signing a book for my unborn child, and he thought that was really neat! He signed it “To Baby Titus.” How special!
I’ve already received a whole box full of maternity clothes and books (thanks Becks!) and a great week-by-week pregnancy book (Thanks Evie!)
That’s about it for now! Hopefully I will start feeling better soon, and Matt and I will have more adventures to blog about. :)
-Erin :)
I hope you feel better soon! I was miserable for the first 13-14 weeks (tired and nauseated all of the time, no matter what)...but I've felt great since then. :) I'm thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better soon. I totally understand the whole sick thing. Unfortunately, mine didn't get better until week 22 and that was with some heavy duty medicine. Taking a shower made me throw up and the smell of the cardboard boxes in the pantry did too. I'm not ready to do it again yet, but it was most definitely worth it. Keep the end goal in sight :)
ReplyDeleteYou're right..."morning sickness" is really "any time of the day sickness". Mine hit me for 3 weeks straight, daily at 6pm. It was bizarre, but at least it was on some sort of pattern. ha! Hope you are feeling better soon and wish I was there to rub your belly. LOL! Love you and Matt! Send me dates so I can plan my trip. xo
ReplyDelete